Converting to become an academy can be a very daunting prospect for Schools. It’s a step into the unknown, with numerous new things you need to be thinking about. At Griffin Chartered Accountants we have been through this process many times before and can use the knowledge and experience we’ve built up to guide you.
How can we help?
As academy school specialists, we are best placed to support you through every step of the conversion process, helping to make the transition as smooth as possible and to give you the confidence that nothing is being missed.
Our conversion support service includes advice on the following:
- Selecting the accountancy package that best suits the needs of your academy (PS Financials, FMS and Civica)
- Setting up the correct nominal structure to ensure you can extract financial data in the most efficient way
- Establishing financial reporting and management systems, so you can monitor your results and budgets
- Advising on the financial reporting requirements as required by company, academy and charity legislation
- Academy Registration with HMRC and advice in relation to corporation tax, VAT, employment taxes and employee expenses
- Providing advice to School Business Managers on all aspects of accounting requirements
We provide a free helpline service so you can call us for advice at any stage without having to worry about mounting fees.